In this showcase you will find a selection of training courses and exams in the CMDB context.
To look for a course or an exam specifically, you can use the "Search courses/exams prices" tool that you will find below.
If you do not see the course or exam you want, please contact us.
The Configuration Management DataBase is a crucial component and an essential source of information for an ICT Infrastructure. It supports the entire Service Lifecycle in an IT Service management context (e.g. based on ITIL®).
The CMDB qualification is designed to provide a complete view of the concepts that are the basis of Service Asset and Configuration Management process, in union with the concepts related to the other processes within the Service Lifecycle.
The learning objectives of the course are to be able to:
- Define and distinguish the basic concepts and principles of a CMDB;
- Describe and explain the processes of Service Asset and Configuration Management;
- Know and describe the considerations and requirements relative to the technologies for creating, managing, using and maintaining a CMDB;
- Discuss and explain a structured approach for the planning and creation of a CMDB;
- Illustrate and explain the key challenges, critical success factors, and risks associated with the CMDB;
- Understand and demonstrate the main relationships and points of contact for the key processes (of IT Service Management).
Who it is aimed at
- Individuals who need detailed understanding of how to create a CMDB capable of improving the quality of IT Services.
- IT professionals who work in the field of Service Asset & Configuration Management or are about to start a project for the creation or re-engineering of a CMDB.
- IT professionals who work in the field of Service Transition and who wish to better understand the relationship between this phase of the Service lifecycle and the CMDB.
- The underlying principles of a successful CMDB;
- The processes of Service Asset & Configuration Management;
- The relationship with other processes;
- The technologies for the CMDB;
- The organization for the CMDB.
40% of the course hours is dedicated to practical exercises.
- It is recommended to be certified to ITIL Foundation level (preferably version 3).
- In order to take the exam it is required to attend an accredited course which provides at least 17 hours of training.
- A further 12 hours of self-study are also recommended in addition to the course hours.
- A minimum of two years work experience in the IT field is recommended.
To be able to take the exam, it's required to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of the examination institute. The acceptance of such terms and conditions will have to be confirmed when taking the exam.
Classroom/distant course duration: 3 days
The course is available in the languages showed below. Please note that each course is available with a specific combination of languages. Please check the course details.
Material course language
Configuration Management Database official certificate
- Multiple choice
- 40 questions per paper
- 26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 65%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book.